Thursday 14 January 2016

Mix and Match


Hi dolls... I'm throwing this post way back to the first Sunday of 2016 lol. I remember waking up that morning in panic because I had nothing to wear in my mind. 

I quickly had a shower, did my make up and started the search of the perfect first Sunday of the year outfit. I had almost given up and was about to throw on a dress when I spotted this top I've had for over seven years but I've never worn.

Like anyone in panic mode, I put the blouse on thinking I could throw on a plain skirt but decided to wear a trad outfit. I took the top off, went to my closet to hunt for a trad outfit when I found the outfit I wore for my sister's wedding.
So I quickly grabbed the wrapper and the discarded top, went to my mum to get a matching head piece which just happened to be aso oke (I've never tied that fabric before) and all I can say now is thank God it all turned out nice.

Tying aso oke is a bit different from gele. A quick lesson from youtube in less than five minutes, I am proud to say a lot of people loved the end product.

Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Bag: Shop in Dubai
Top: Shop in London








Sometimes you don't have to buy a new item for every occasion, you just have to search your closet with determination and you will be surprised with the pieces you come you come up with!!!

Bisous...xxx

No comments: