Monday 30 November 2015

Beauty Post: R and R Luxury


Hi dolls... So I got these a while back but decided to try them out for a few weeks before doing a review on each product and an overall review on the brand.

R and R products are 100% natural and made in Africa. The brand was set up in 2010 featuring natural scented luxury candles but later evolved and offered Shea luxury body oil which is made from raw Shea butter.

I have heard a lot of good reviews about the lemongrass shea body oil so now I have something else to look forward to.


Neem Oil

I only just found out that neem oil is a vegetable oil pressed from the fruits and seeds of the neem (Azadirachta Indica), an evergreen tree which is endemic to the Indian subcontinent. 

It has a very strong odour which is kind of garlicy (it can be intense) so if you have a sensitive stomach you might not cope. In other news, It has some kind of healing ingredient. I bumped my knee on a door a few weeks back and my neem oil came just in time. 

I applied it to the affected area and in a week, the bruise cleared out (will put up a picture on Instagram so look out). 

I also mixed a bit of the oil in my conditioning spray bottle for my hair and again the odour is not the best but the dryness (scalp) is almost non-existent. 

Liquid Black Soap

My only problem with this is it does not last and that's probably because it does not foam very much. At least I'm not braking out on my body (I usually do when I change soap or lotion).

Shea Sugar Scrub

Although it's more shea butter than scrub particles, the sugar scrub keeps my skin moisturised and does not dry it out. I also use it as a lip scrub because it is gentle enough!!!

Overall I love the concept behind the brand, I am also in love with the liquid black soap (I only wish it was foamier).

Have an amazing week everyone!!!

Bisous...xxx

No comments: